5 Tips for Moving During the Holidays
The holiday season is upon us and that means festive lights, eggnog, and family time. Packing up and moving is the last thing on your mind. However, if you face serious time constraints due to a relocation or you’re simply a serious buyer and looking to take advantage of the market at this time of year (see Why November is the Best Time to Sell), then moving might just be a part of the festivities. Don’t let your move ruin the season. Follow these five tips on moving during the holidays.
- Schedule a certified ProMover in advance. Not only will this help you plan out moving day, but using a certified ProMover ensures you won’t fall victim to a moving scam.
- Separate out your holiday items and other items that may not be needed until after the new year. Label boxes accordingly and make sure all necessary items are easily accessible. This will allow you to quickly move in the holiday decor in time for Christmas.
- Don’t let moving make you a grinch. Play holiday music while packing and take part in your usual holiday activities.
- Make holiday cards that announce your move to family and friends.
- Take a little time off. It’s okay to take a break. Relax and watch a holiday movie with the family to relieve yourself of the stress of moving.
Moving in December may be inconvenient, but it doesn’t have to be a nightmare. Plan your move ahead of time and you can be spending your first Christmas in your new home!